About Me

My photo
Welcome. My name is Lisa and I live on a farm in Northeastern PA. I have a wonderful husband of over 30 years and two fabulous sons. One with a wonderful wife and another with a wonderful girlfriend. I have a 6 year old granddaughter and an 4 year old grandson. We have a dog, two cats, and 5 horses. I started into this art as a possible scrapbooker until my good friend Lou Ann (SCS Crooked Stamper) invited me to a Stampin' Up party. Now I'm hooked. We had to turn a room of our home into a craft room for all my stuff. Then I needed a second craft room and did classes. Then I decided to open an in home store using three more rooms of our home. Between Lou Ann (Crafter and IT department) and Mary Ann (Crafter and Jewelry department) and a few other friends, I'm having the time of my life!!!!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Shower Quilt

Don't be misled by the title.  I haven't gotten a new skill.  I'm still working on this one.  Anyway, my DDIL needed a card for a friend of hers that is having a baby.  She's a Hallmark kinda gal, so I really had to do my best.  Her friend doesn't know if it's a boy or girl, so that eliminated about 99% of my dsp.  Also, my cute dresses and airplan short stamps had to go.  So I though "Ah Ha", I'll do a quilt.  Well my "sister" Lou Ann aka Crooked Stamper does a beautiful quilt, but hasn't uploaded it yet (hint, hint, Lou Ann) but I don't know how to do the technique.  So I've done a simple quilt for those who can't do the real thing.  I went with SU Certainly Celery dsp beause  you can't get more neutral than that.  I simply taped the different squares together and ran them throught my Big Shot.  I know NOTHING about quilting, but my great-grandmother made me one when I was little (I still have it) and there are knotted bits of thread in the intersections (not a technical term) of the material.  So I did that to mine.  I also did know paper piercing and stampin my envelope.  So that's it.  Have a great weekend!



Envelope


Inside Sentiment
                                           
SUPPLIES
Stamps:  TPC Studio "Here Comes Baby"; Friskers (I don't know the set name"
Paper:  SU Certainly Celery CS and dsp; SU Whisper White
Ink:  SU Certainly Celery; Stazon Black
Accessories:  Flower Brads, EKSucess Fibers SU White Bakers Twine SU Square Lattice ef
Tools:  Frisker SU Piercing Mat; Big Shot

1 comment:

  1. For not being a quilter, you did a beautiful job! Love your choice of colors and tying your quilt was the finishing touch. By the way, I think the "intersections" are called points. I'll have to get mine uploaded.

    ReplyDelete