About Me

My photo
Welcome. My name is Lisa and I live on a farm in Northeastern PA. I have a wonderful husband of over 30 years and two fabulous sons. One with a wonderful wife and another with a wonderful girlfriend. I have a 6 year old granddaughter and an 4 year old grandson. We have a dog, two cats, and 5 horses. I started into this art as a possible scrapbooker until my good friend Lou Ann (SCS Crooked Stamper) invited me to a Stampin' Up party. Now I'm hooked. We had to turn a room of our home into a craft room for all my stuff. Then I needed a second craft room and did classes. Then I decided to open an in home store using three more rooms of our home. Between Lou Ann (Crafter and IT department) and Mary Ann (Crafter and Jewelry department) and a few other friends, I'm having the time of my life!!!!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Best Wishes

     Well, as I went throught the SCS challenges I combined the Card Sketch Challenge (SC387) with the Color Challenge (CC377).  Great sketch and great colors.  So I made a nice wedding card.  Who doesn't need them in the spring and summer, right?  Just before posting I went over the the Clean and Simple Challenge (CAS172) just to find out the theme this week is Love.  Bing, bang, boom.....I give you "Best Wishes"


     I had a little trouble with the color challenge.  1)  I didn't have any Soft Suede paper, so I took white paper and colored it with a Soft Suede marker.  It looks a little dark, but it is Soft Suede.  2)  The leaves is the Certainly Celery were so light that I outlined them with Certainly Celery marker. 


     For the ribbon I used the ribbon that was tied unto my thank you gift from my purchases at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.   Besides my order I was sent some adorable butterflies made from corrugates cardboard in a glassine packet tied with that beautiful hand dyed rayon seam binding.  Linda also has a great tutorial on how to do it yourself. 

     Anyway, here is my clean, colored, card sketch.  If you've never done a SCS challenge I suggest you give it a whirl. 

SUPPLIES
Stamps:  SU Kind and Caring Thoughts
Paper:  SU Whisper While, Blushing Bride
Ink:  SU Certainly Cerly, Soft Suede
Accessories:  Rayon Seam Binking and Pink Flower Brads

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. The leaves look amazing! Great idea to color with the soft suede marker. It does look dark but I think it turned out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! love the crinkled ribbon!

    ReplyDelete