About Me

My photo
Welcome. My name is Lisa and I live on a farm in Northeastern PA. I have a wonderful husband of over 30 years and two fabulous sons. One with a wonderful wife and another with a wonderful girlfriend. I have a 6 year old granddaughter and an 4 year old grandson. We have a dog, two cats, and 5 horses. I started into this art as a possible scrapbooker until my good friend Lou Ann (SCS Crooked Stamper) invited me to a Stampin' Up party. Now I'm hooked. We had to turn a room of our home into a craft room for all my stuff. Then I needed a second craft room and did classes. Then I decided to open an in home store using three more rooms of our home. Between Lou Ann (Crafter and IT department) and Mary Ann (Crafter and Jewelry department) and a few other friends, I'm having the time of my life!!!!

Monday, January 18, 2016

Skate Away

                                       































      Hi everyone.  This is an ATC card from the first ATC class of 2016 at The Craft Shack.  We are doing one card a month all year and will end up with a tray full of these mini treasures.  And because they are going into a tray and not my ATC album they can have lots of dimension  Lou Ann and I are taking turns designing them and she came up with this month's name.  But I got to make it.
     First, I stamped the woodgrain stamp from MFT "Western Backgrounds"  in Frayed Burlap Distress Ink on the red cs.
     I used Tim Holtz  Grungeboard to cut out the skates from  I painted it with Pickett Fence Crackle Paint and let it air dry. I know you can heat it after the crackling starts, but if I have the time I'd rather not.  Rub a little Walnut Stain Ink over it with your finger after the paint dries.  It absolutely looks like old cracked leather.  Use a regular black Sharpie for the heel.and Inka Gold-silver painted on the blades.  Then poke some holes for your twine laces adding a couple Darice tiny rusty bells, and you have yourself a pair of skates.
     Tim's calendar was too big for the card, so I stamped it with Brown StazOn ink onto a 2" wide strip of Shrirky Dink Shrinkable Plastic. I punched it out with a SU tag topper punch.  Make sure you do any punching or piercing for your hole before you shrink your plastic  When they shrink down they get thicker.  You can bake them in your oven, or line a little box with foil and use a heat tool to shrink it down.  I felt like I was 8 again!  (My age, not my size.  Although I'll never see either of those again)  Then I attached it to the card and hooked the twine over it.
     The little snowflakes you see are from the scraps of a Memory Box die that I used for my Christmas cards this year.  There were so many, and it seemed a waste to throw them away.

And that's my card.  Hope you like it.  Make sure to check Lou Ann's blog for the February ATC!  Along with lots of other great inspirations.
TFL

Supplies:
Paper:  White, Red & Shimmer White Cardstock, Tim Holtz Grungboard, Shrinky Dink Shrinkable Plastic
Stamps:  MFT "Western Backgrounds"-retired; Tim Holtz Calendar 1
Tools:  SU Tag Topper Punch; Big Shot; Hole Reemer

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute!! I love that it's going in a box so it can be dimensional!!!!

    ReplyDelete