About Me

My photo
Welcome. My name is Lisa and I live on a farm in Northeastern PA. I have a wonderful husband of over 30 years and two fabulous sons. One with a wonderful wife and another with a wonderful girlfriend. I have a 6 year old granddaughter and an 4 year old grandson. We have a dog, two cats, and 5 horses. I started into this art as a possible scrapbooker until my good friend Lou Ann (SCS Crooked Stamper) invited me to a Stampin' Up party. Now I'm hooked. We had to turn a room of our home into a craft room for all my stuff. Then I needed a second craft room and did classes. Then I decided to open an in home store using three more rooms of our home. Between Lou Ann (Crafter and IT department) and Mary Ann (Crafter and Jewelry department) and a few other friends, I'm having the time of my life!!!!

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Let Your Light Shine - Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2016 Technique Remix - January

Hi All!  Well, this is my first challenge tag for Tim's 12 tags of 2016 and I'm super excited about it.  Lou Ann (aka Crooked Stamper) thought it would be a great class for the group.  And she was right again.  We all love Tim's style who doesn't love a little inspiration.   For January the challenge are the techniques of Industrious Metal and Chalkboard.                                              I started out with a #10 tag.  When it came to the embossing of  the foil tape, I did it a little differently than Tim.  I didn't want to put a slit in my Riveted Metal embossing folder, and since the metal was only on the ends and not the middle, I attached the foil to scrap cs and ran it thought my embosser.  When it came out, I cut it in the middle and attached it to my tag.  I used Black Soot paint all over the metal, and wiped the excess with a paper towel.  What a great look!   Now I had my "Industrial" look.                                And now, for the "Chalkboard" part of the challenge.  I used a scrap piece of black cs (using up alot of scraps) and my Rays stencil.  With my Ranger Emboss It Dauber I daubed up the stencil, and then sprinkled on Ranger Frosted Crystal Embossing Powder.  I heated it until it become a matte finish and get a kind of gritty feel.  Don't let it get shiny, or it becomes a resist and you don't want that. I rubbed my yellow chalk down to a smooth angle on scrap paper and then rubbed it over my embossed rays.  I rubbed it with my finger and the chalk on the non-embossed area faded, but still had enough left on it to give it that chalkboard look.                     To finish it off I used a vintage lamp cover from Prima's Junkyard collection, I stamped the "Philbric Electic Co." from Tim's Adverts Stamp Set.  I typed the "Let your light shine" on my computer, cut it out, and inked it with Hickory Smoke.  And it's all topped off with a little ribbon from Tim's Metallic Trimmings.
     Thanks for looking!     




2 comments:

  1. What a great version of Tim's tag! love the riveted metal background and the sunburst on your chalkboard piece - fun electricity theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a thoughtful version of his tag. I really like the quirky theme you went with. :)

    ReplyDelete