About Me

My photo
Welcome. My name is Lisa and I live on a farm in Northeastern PA. I have a wonderful husband of over 30 years and two fabulous sons. One with a wonderful wife and another with a wonderful girlfriend. I have a 6 year old granddaughter and an 4 year old grandson. We have a dog, two cats, and 5 horses. I started into this art as a possible scrapbooker until my good friend Lou Ann (SCS Crooked Stamper) invited me to a Stampin' Up party. Now I'm hooked. We had to turn a room of our home into a craft room for all my stuff. Then I needed a second craft room and did classes. Then I decided to open an in home store using three more rooms of our home. Between Lou Ann (Crafter and IT department) and Mary Ann (Crafter and Jewelry department) and a few other friends, I'm having the time of my life!!!!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

OCCC Grateful


Yipee!  My favorite kind of challenge...It's A Sketch Challenge.  That's right!  Chris from Our Creative Corner has come up with a great sketch.  The card also needs to be for a male. Well, it just so happens that I got a new Tim Holtz stamp set that I thought would be just right.   
The only things I did that was more than just putting a card together was that I embossed the pens with SU Black Embossing Powder after stamping them with Tim Holtz Black Soot, and I put a thumbprint on the sentiment panel.  If you haven't checked out the OCC, stop on by.  Have a great day!
SUPPLIES
Stamps:  Tim Holtz "Curious Possibility"; SU "Lovey Little Labels" & "Small Script"
Paper:  SU Very Vanilla & Basic Black; Echo Park Times & Seasons dsp
Ink:  Ranger Archival Jet Black; Distress Ink Antique Linen,  Brushed Corduroy & Black Soot, SU Black Embossing Powder
Accessories:  Star from Tim Holtz Adornments; Twine; Staples

4 comments:

  1. Lisa, what a creative take on the sketch over @ OCC. Your card has a vintage feel, that screams TH! I think you did a fabulous job with your new TH stamp and all the little touches (5 cent stamp, thumb print, embossed pens) just a great collection of detail!
    thank you for playing along with us @ OCC, and I hope that we see more of your beautiful work in our future challenges, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vintage look especially how you distressed, curled & tore the "photo" then sponged it. The thumbprint was just the right finishing touch and no one can claim that other than you...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh so fun! I just love that bg paper. Reminds me of growing up. My dad wanted that wallpaper in the bathroom..LOL..thought it good reading material. :) Oddly enough, he was right! What a terrifcally masculine card with the most wonderful vintage elements and your very personal touch to it (literally!) Super inspiration and great job with the sketch too.

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Our Creative Corner. Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again next week!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lisa
    You have come up trumps again with this card... A wonderfully unique interpretation of our Sketch. I love your idea of the thumb print, that is priceless!
    Thank you again Lisa for joining and supporting Our Creative Corner, we value your contributions very much.
    Have a great weekend.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete