About Me

My photo
Welcome. My name is Lisa and I live on a farm in Northeastern PA. I have a wonderful husband of over 30 years and two fabulous sons. One with a wonderful wife and another with a wonderful girlfriend. I have a 6 year old granddaughter and an 4 year old grandson. We have a dog, two cats, and 5 horses. I started into this art as a possible scrapbooker until my good friend Lou Ann (SCS Crooked Stamper) invited me to a Stampin' Up party. Now I'm hooked. We had to turn a room of our home into a craft room for all my stuff. Then I needed a second craft room and did classes. Then I decided to open an in home store using three more rooms of our home. Between Lou Ann (Crafter and IT department) and Mary Ann (Crafter and Jewelry department) and a few other friends, I'm having the time of my life!!!!

Monday, February 22, 2016

Kiss Me Valentine - Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2016 Technique Remix - February

It's time for February's Tag.  This month Tim's techniques are Monoprint and Embossed Texture Paste.

Monoprint
Textured Embossing Paste


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      I started with a #10 tag and applied Tim Holtz Antique Linen Stain  over the entire card.  Then I inked the back of my Tim Holtz  Lace Stencil    with Frayed Burlap Ink. Two similar colors and one great look! Before I did the Textured Emboss I wanted to ink some Fired Brick hearts in opposite corners using Tim's Hearts Stencil and a little dauber.  For the Textured Embossing Paste I used Liquitex Modeling Paste on my TCW  Complicated Hearts Stencil and sprinkled with Ranger Gold Embossing Powder. You need to wait until the Modeling Paste dries, then heat set.  If you do it before the paste is dry, you get bubbles.  I may have been a little hasty with mine, but I LOVE the results.  I then used Tim's new stamp set Ponderings with Black Versafine ink. Isn't that a great sentiment?
    It was time to pull out my treasure box of goodies.  I matted the picture of Tim's sweethearts from his Paper Stash/Lost and Found with his dark red Kraft-Core paper.  I wrapped and knotted a bit of twine and glued an Antique Nickel Arrow underneath.  I used the number 14 from the Game Pieces set and attached it on top of a scrap of cheesecloth.  I also used cheesecloth under the KISS word stick.  And I topped it all off with Tim's Crinkle Ribbon colored with  Fired Brick Stain.   

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment