About Me

My photo
Welcome. My name is Lisa and I live on a farm in Northeastern PA. I have a wonderful husband of over 30 years and two fabulous sons. One with a wonderful wife and another with a wonderful girlfriend. I have a 6 year old granddaughter and an 4 year old grandson. We have a dog, two cats, and 5 horses. I started into this art as a possible scrapbooker until my good friend Lou Ann (SCS Crooked Stamper) invited me to a Stampin' Up party. Now I'm hooked. We had to turn a room of our home into a craft room for all my stuff. Then I needed a second craft room and did classes. Then I decided to open an in home store using three more rooms of our home. Between Lou Ann (Crafter and IT department) and Mary Ann (Crafter and Jewelry department) and a few other friends, I'm having the time of my life!!!!

Sunday, February 28, 2016

From the Heart.......

This is a card I did for a recent Designer Spotlight Class at The Craft Shack.  The Spotlight was on Judith and Heather. They are such a talented pair of designers and papercrafters.   I just LOVE their cute stamps.  I can't sell them on-line, but stop in the store and I've got penty.



First, using quick drying dye ink for watercolors, I stamped the small square on a piece of scrap paper and a piece of Neenah Premium 110lb Cardstock. It works great when you're doing alot of inking.






 Next, cut the square from the scrap paper and lay it over the square on you cardstock using my Tim Holtz scissors.  This is called masking.  Stamp the giraffe right over the masked image of the square.  When you remove the mask you have an empty square.  Yipee!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        I then used the scrap paper and put it over the cardstock so that only the square was showing.  Then I stamped a bunch of hearts with my Kaleidacolor ink.  Take away the scrap mask and you see that all your hearts are in the square.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                I used 3D Crystal Lacquer on the hearts to give them a shiny look.  Then I stamped "from the heart...." with a Judith and Heather Skinny.                                                                                                  


Judith and Heather always color gray around their images to make them stand out. I used my Tombow marker N95












Next, I used my EK Tools Heart Confetti Punch along to right side of a piece of black cardstock.  I then adhered it to a piece of red cardstock.   And.................tada....................





Thanks for looking.   Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Love this card & the masking technique! Can't wait to use my new Judith & Heather stamps!!

    ReplyDelete