About Me

My photo
Welcome. My name is Lisa and I live on a farm in Northeastern PA. I have a wonderful husband of over 30 years and two fabulous sons. One with a wonderful wife and another with a wonderful girlfriend. I have a 6 year old granddaughter and an 4 year old grandson. We have a dog, two cats, and 5 horses. I started into this art as a possible scrapbooker until my good friend Lou Ann (SCS Crooked Stamper) invited me to a Stampin' Up party. Now I'm hooked. We had to turn a room of our home into a craft room for all my stuff. Then I needed a second craft room and did classes. Then I decided to open an in home store using three more rooms of our home. Between Lou Ann (Crafter and IT department) and Mary Ann (Crafter and Jewelry department) and a few other friends, I'm having the time of my life!!!!

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Keith's Birthday Shindig



      My oldest son Keith is having his 30th birthday on Sunday.  We won't be able to be with him on that day because he is a teacher who has a "Survival Class".  On Memorial weekend the class will go to an undisclosed location with nothing more than an Altoids can filled with whatever the students can put into them.  Certainly not my idea an a holiday, but his class has to turn people away.  Keith also loves horses so it was easy to pick a type of card. 
     The card was quick and easy to put together.  I had the most fun distressing the outside sentiment.  I tore my cardstock, ink it with a blending tool with Distress ink including the back in a couple spots.  That way I could roll the corner and still have the Distress ink showing.  I also used some twine to give it a more rustic look, and filling in the bottom of the card.  Hope you like it....

SUPPLIES
Stamps:  Waltzing Mouse "Happy Trails"; SU Bareback
Ink:  SU Basic Black; Distress Walnut Stain
Paper:  SU Very Vanilla & Basic Black; Flair Design Horsin' Around "Red Banit"
Accessories:  Twine

2 comments:

  1. Great card! Love the red paper & good idea using the distressing ink on the back too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great masculine card! (I'd need a Sam's Club sized Altoid tin.) ;)

    ReplyDelete