About Me

My photo
Welcome. My name is Lisa and I live on a farm in Northeastern PA. I have a wonderful husband of over 30 years and two fabulous sons. One with a wonderful wife and another with a wonderful girlfriend. I have a 6 year old granddaughter and an 4 year old grandson. We have a dog, two cats, and 5 horses. I started into this art as a possible scrapbooker until my good friend Lou Ann (SCS Crooked Stamper) invited me to a Stampin' Up party. Now I'm hooked. We had to turn a room of our home into a craft room for all my stuff. Then I needed a second craft room and did classes. Then I decided to open an in home store using three more rooms of our home. Between Lou Ann (Crafter and IT department) and Mary Ann (Crafter and Jewelry department) and a few other friends, I'm having the time of my life!!!!

Monday, May 20, 2013

A Buck for Father's Day


Father's Day is just around the corner and I know that the guys in my family are all big hunters and fishermen.  So what better type of card than that.  I'm so sorry, but I didn't write down what I used as I was doing it, but I'll try to remember as much as I can.  
     I stamped the trees first and used my blender toop for the grass.  For the sky I also used a little scalloped mask I cut from a scrap of cardstock (when I say scrap, I mean I dug it from the trash).  I used a brown marker for a little extra on the trees.  I wanted it to look spring-like with the trees ready to bud.   
 
Next, I stamp a deer stamp unto this really cool suede ish cardstock I got from a cute little shop called Nora's, outside of Lewisburg, PA.  That's also where I got the deer stamp.  She has an AMAZING amount of stampin stuff in a little room off her home.   When it came to the "rack" I had to use my DH for creative advise.  After reviewing some different choices (of which he didn't think any were quite right) he walked down to the barn and brought me back a real buck antler.  Now that's helpful!!!!  So I fussy cut the parts of the deer and then used a white gel pen for some of the body parts (again, thanks Rick).  The rocks came from a stamp from Judith and Heather.  I was more whimical than I wanted, but they were my only rocks.  I'm sure if I had asked Rick, he would have gone outside to get me a handful of pebbles to adhere so I guess it was best I didn't go down that road.  
      I put it on a piece of distress black cs and put that on a Natural's White card base.

 Thanks for looking!
SUPPLIES (what I can remember)
Stamps:  SU Lovely as a Tree; Unknown Deer, Judith & Heather Stone Wall
Ink:  SU Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa & Early Espresso marker; Memento Tuxedo Black; White gel pen
Paper:  SU Basic Gray & Whisper White, Natual White & Basic Black; Scrap Cream; Cool Brown Suede stuff
Tools:  Tim Holtz Distresser

2 comments:

  1. run, deer, RUUUUNNNN!!!! ha ha. That's what I tell them in my backyard during hunting season. Of course Brian won't shoot them in our yard. Nice card...those trees are timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the rocks. I think it looks like part of the stone wall is falling down because the deer nic the rocks when they jump over it. The antlers look very realistic! I'm sure your guys will love it!

    ReplyDelete